Quilts, Gifts, Decorating, Restin' & Relaxin', Pampering
Kids Fun Stuff
Crafts for the
Kid in all of us
Heart of our Home
Recipes, Crafts, Cookbooks, Tips, Gifts
Craft Books, Antiques and Collectibles, Gardening and more
From the Porch
Helpful & Handy Tips
Kitchen, Outside Help, Individual Items
Home and Garden Products
About Us Folks
Preserve your own flowers
Make our Reindeer napkin holder
Comfy Country Creations
P.O. Box 10181,
Crafts don't necessarily include glue, scissors and paper. Crafts are anything you enjoy doing, be it cooking, sewing, knitting and even gardening. It is usually something that gives great pleasure, is relaxing and has to be fit into a time slot somewhere between homemaker and professional. Please enjoy some of the crafts we have chosen for you from our kitchen.
Leaves for Every Occasion
Save Leaf Pattern and print.
This pattern can be used to make Reindeer, Halloween Bat, Poinsettia. Click on link for instructions.
Felt in various colors (8 3/4" x 11 3/4")
Use fall colors for Thanksgiving. Use red, green and white for Christmas. Use school colors for graduations and sports parties.
Tacky glue or glue gun
Use the pattern made for Reindeer or save pattern and print.
Enlarge to 6 3/4" long by 2 3/4" wide at the widest point - this will be your original. Trace enlarged pattern onto
interfacing and cut out - this will be your working pattern.
Fold felt in half. Place small square end of pattern on fold. NOTE: By positioning pattern carefully, you will be able
to cut three leaves from one piece of felt. Trace leaf onto felt. Mark and cut 1" slit as shown on pattern.
Make sure you don't glue the ring shut or together. Any items used to embellish the leaves should be glued on carefully making adjustments to make sure you don't have trouble slipping other side of the leaf back through the slit.
Suggestions on uses
- Using a branch from a tree or a piece of driftwood, attach leaves, with your guests' names on them. Place in the middle of the table with candles intertwined.
- Cut out several different colors. Place in a tea light candle holder before putting the candle in. As shown in the picture.
- Glue dried apples, oranges, flowers, etc to one side of the leaf. Wrap it around the base of a wine glass at each place setting. See picture here Centerpieces
- Use glue and a toothpick to spell someone's name on a leaf. Sprinkle with glitter and gently shake off any excess - leaving their name sparkling. Wrap around wine glass
or napkin at each place setting
- Use glue and a toothpick to outline the leaf. Sprinkle with glitter color of your choice - gently shake off any excess. Wrap around napkin or wine glass at each place setting.
- Having a buffet? Wrap each set of utensils in with a napkin and place on the table in a basket.
Check out our other related articles and pages.
Crafters Gallery - crafters and artists display and share their creative talents.
Lavender Sachets - lavender sachets to make
Crafts Kids Can Make
Preserving Flowers - how to
Special Occasions Main Page
Please share your favorite craft project with us.
Send them to Comfy Country Creations